Last week’s video got a lot of attention (thanks, YouTube algorithm) and I want to keep the conversation going. This week, my reaction to the 700+ comments I received and some concrete things teachers can do right now to make life a little better for yourself and your students.
Links to items mentioned in today’s video:
• I Quit Teaching video: https://youtu.be/vD0BGzNN0Yk
• Alfie Kohn’s The Case Against Grades: https://www.alfiekohn.org/article/case-grades/
• Seth Godin’s Stop Stealing Dreams/What are Schools for?: https://sethgodinwrites.medium.com/stop-stealing-dreams-4116c7dbff7b
• Sarah Zerwin’s Point-less: https://sarahmzerwin.com/
• 20Time materials (free download): https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Project-Based-Learning-Materials-for-the-English-Classroom-20Time-Project-1918986?st=25f8273a724ee2187299d0c504677143
• Imagined Life podcast blog: https://laurarandazzo.com/2021/03/27/imagined-life-a-feel-good-podcast-about-failure/
• 21 Chump Street podcast blog: https://laurarandazzo.com/2020/12/27/podcast-video-a-multimedia-cautionary-tale/
• My favorite Twilight Zone episodes to use in the classroom: https://laurarandazzo.com/2021/01/31/5-best-twilight-zone-episodes-for-the-classroom/
Where are you in your relationship with teaching? How can we increase learning and lower stress? Leave those ideas below!
Broken glass photo credit: Pixabay, public domain